As I continue on with my latest project I just want to say thanks to all of you awesome people who read my blog. Every time I get a new follower I get a renewed excitement for writing it and making the stuff.
This latest endeavor is a labor of love. We have lived in our house for almost 12 years, and I have been ready to do for this 12 years. The sudden decision to start this massive project was made when I drove past Sherwin Williams and the 40% sale was up. I literally screeched into the parking lot got my paint and was off. Over the last couple weeks I have been looking at colors, researching paint, and strippers and gathering supplies. I had four of the doors off and was scraping away before my husband realized what I was doing.
him- did we talk about this?
me- yes a couple of weeks ago.
me- love you.
1. Remove sticky wax like substance with a chemical stripper. I am using some kind of citrus formula, that sits for 30 minutes and then scrapes off like peeling skin (very satisfying)
2. Use a scrub brush or metal scrubbing pad remove residue with odor less minerals spirits.
3. Wash with soap and water and dry.
4. prime and paint using a foam roller for a nice finish
5. let cure and put back up or on.
Repeat 36 times for doors and 10 times for drawers. ouch
The best part of this is spending every waking minute doing it until it is done, and cleaning behind and out everything. There is some nasty stuff after 12 years. I am not close to being done, but I am trying to get as much done before spring break, so I can kick it with my family. I hope you agree that this is a serious upgrade.
Look at that beautiful eighties oak!
These are some in progress photos.
I’ll let you know when its done.
P.S. If you like what I am doing please share.