This is the first thing I see upon waking everyday.
Actually no, the dog is usually on top of us, but I am referring to that beauty behind him.
I know your familiar with pieces of furniture that are purchased or scavenged only to be put in place to be fixed up at another time. We have a tiny little master suite and it was quite a challenge to find a dresser low enough and with enough storage, so I was keeping this baby around. On this particular day after several years of looking upon this ” kinda ” interesting piece I was ready to go. As if to echo the depth of the despair that this endless winter has brought. I settled upon deep-sea maps.
Yes, we can all thank The Associate for the lovely drawing of our family “ON MY STUFF!”
After figuring out I had just enough to cover all of the drawers (this is a big step for me. I usually just jump right in)
I gathered my supplies
After a thorough cleaning the drawer fronts and dresser, I mixed my glue with a little water to make it spread on nice and thin and smooth.
I applied a layer of glue and smoothed on the paper from the center out, I then flipped the drawer onto the front so the paper would dry flat.
When they dried I flipped them back over and gave them a coat of glue on top. When that layer was dry I used my 100 grit sandpaper to sand the edges, effectively removing the excess paper and making a nice straight cut. I then put another layer of glue to make sure all edges were secure.