I had a request for a pair of these earrings from a friend who LOST HERS!!! I won’t name names. Hopefully she was acting now and preventing something when they disappeared. Lucky for HER I never throw anything away, and I have millions of wishbone cocktail thingys. When I made these I was obsessed with fonts and type from vintage magazines, still am probably if I am honest with myself. So I scanned them in to my trusty MAC and photoshoped them to fit on petal shaped brass stampings. I drilled holes in the petals first and then glued my words on them with some Elmers. After several attempts at this I figured out that I should coat the words to protect them from smudging during the gluing process so I sprayed them with clear acrylic gloss. This act prevented two things, smudging and less ripping during cutting because my lazy self didn’t want to get up and walk the 5 feet to get a fresh x-acto blade. I drilled two holes in the wishbone. One to hold a jump ring and ear wire and one to hold a jump ring and my petal. I then put them altogether with pliers. Below are some other examples from this series, I apologize for picture quality something obviously prevented good lighting that day.