On a recent thriftazganza I unearthed a clock from underneath a child’s toilet seat. Yes I still picked it up. I don’t let the threat of infectious diseases stop me. After I removed the clock works I thoroughly disinfected the glorious 70’s ish masterpiece. Fortunately for me the maker of this clock really liked to poly urethane the heck out of things, so the surface was non-porous by like four layers. Once the specimen of great design was dry. I tested to make sure the works worked. They DID! yea. I then pulled out my treasure trove of clock hands and selected a new pair.
I couldn’t figure out what to use for the numbers. I went through several options before settling on some buttons. These are the kind that have a hole in the back instead in the center, so snipped the hole down with wire cutters to make them sit flush. A little Elmer’s glue and now it is rescued.